10.01.2012

Personal Quotes

Hey guys! So browsing Facebook today I read ALOT of statuses. For any of you (probably all of you) that have a Facebook, you know how easy that is to do. As Facebook surfers, we come across many statuses featuring an angry user venting, a beautiful user boasting, etc. However, my favorite statuses are those containing authentic quotes from real life situations. A status like this caught my eye and made me chuckle. A friend named Nick posted this:

Having coffee with dad... Dad:"hey nick i hate to tell you this but you need to trim your beard, you look like castaway. Like Tom Hanks in castaway."...

Aren't conversational exchanges like this interesting to read? They must be because a now famous tweeter named Justin Halpern has acquired millions of followers and released several books all because he decided to note the comical (and sometimes controversial) quotes that his father has stated. They may make you laugh, they may make you cry, but no matter what, a quote from a family member or friend can make the reader relate that relationship to himself or herself. I immediately thought about my mother and how her critiques get on my nerves. Perhaps if she chose to shred apart my outfit choice or nit pick my character in a comical fashion such as Nick's father did, I wouldn't mind listening to her critiques at all! Listen to those around you today; what are some quotes that you noted as comical, interesting, thought provoking, or just plain weird that you find worth sharing?

No comments:

Post a Comment