10.19.2012

Bye Bye Social Media

Hey everyone,
     So I was browsing Facebook this morning when I came across a status from my friend Gregory B. He was letting the world know that he is stronger than the social media that controls most people our age today.... only he was letting us know through social media, but that's just my observation. This is what is status said:

Trying to be anti-social media for a while... Twitter deleted, 4square gone and FB's next.

This brings me to two questions: how long will all of this social media remain deleted and what does he hope to gain from this being deleted? I can only assume that Gregory wants to be less consumed in his electronics. Maybe he wants to be more efficient with his school work. Maybe he wants social privacy from certain friends or strangers. I can say from my point of view, I tried this and it lasted about as long as a Kardashian wedding (okay not even that long). I honestly was barely more productive, but luckily it mitigated the arguments between me and my long-distance boyfriend. He had no means of monitoring and nit-picking who I was with and what I might be doing.

What about all of you? Do any of you see yourselves sacrificing your social media life for the sake of something more? Have any of you already?

Until next time,

Taigen

No comments:

Post a Comment